Kingston Business Against Crime
Kingstonfirst co-ordinates these partnerships with the aim to prevent all aspects of crime that impact businesses within Kingston and to make Kingston a safer place to visit and work.
Both partnerships have 150 members across the daytime and night time economies, with bi-monthly meetings taking place for KBAC (daytime) and monthly meetings for Pub Watch (evening). The meetings comprise businesses participating in the scheme plus representatives from strategic partners including the police. They provide an opportunity to discuss current issues surrounding safety and crime in Kingston. Any member of Kingstonfirst is free to join the KBAC network.
Contact Paul Riordan on 020 8547 1221 or email [email protected].
What does KBAC do?
- Administers Kingston’s security radio network
- Manages and provides access to Littoralis, Kingston’s Business Crime secure intranet portal
- Collates incident report forms and evidence for Criminal Behaviour Orders (formerly ASBOs) from members on active offenders, in consultation with Metropolitan Police
- Operates an exclusion scheme for persistent offenders
- Allows members to ban offenders from entering their premises
- Provides free training for business in loss prevention and conflict management