DATE: Wednesday 11 July 2018
TIME: 9.30am – 4.30pm
LOCATION: Training Room, First Floor. Richard Mayo Centre, Eden Street, Kingston, Surrey, KT1 1HZ
CONFLICT MANAGEMENT TRAINING - COURSE DETAILS
Who needs this course?
This course is suitable for anyone who has to deal with angry, aggressive or demanding customers / clients. It will teach simple and practical strategies to stay composed and resolve conflict.
- The background to conflict: the course will help participants understand why conflict arises and the role participants can play in either calming or escalating confrontation.
- Understanding the customer’s needs; and why they get angry.
- Learn the stages of conflict escalation; and how safety can be compromised.
- Recognising rising anger; learn to read the signs of aggression and manage conflict ‘flashpoints’.
- Learn how to respond to conflict: understand the natural response to conflict; the impact of ‘red flag word’; managing body language when dealing with conflict; learn to manage our own responses.
- Managing Conflict: learn how to structure and control conversations; listen and calm situations; acknowledge customers problems and emotions; manage unpredictability (drugs, alcohol, mental health etc.); learn to effectively say no; handle abusive behaviour and solve problems.
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
This course is free for BID members.
Please note places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
As space is limited we will allow one place per business / organisation.
Once you have confirmed your place you will receive an e-mail from us providing you with final confirmation details of the course.