This is a newly created management role responsible for leading Kingston First’s insight and engagement activities with its members. The post holder will be responsible for commissioning and interpreting insight and research, horizon scanning, and engagement with members and stakeholders. You will be comfortable working in a small ‘hands on’ adaptable team environment.
Job Description and Person Specification
|Job title:||Senior Insights and Engagement Manager|
|Reporting to:||Director of Communications and Corporate Development|
|Responsible for:||Project Support Executive, Marketing and Communications Executive|
|Location:||Remote working and Kingston First’s offices, Kingston town centre|
|Contract/ Hours:||Permanent/ 37.5 hours per week|
|Salary:||£35 – 38000, plus 8% company pension contributions|
|Annual leave:||26 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays & Public Holidays|
|Other information:||Paid volunteering days, birthday day off, travel ticket loan, bike to work scheme and childcare vouchers offered.|
Research and Insight
- Develop a member and customer research and insight function and programme which provides data and insight to support our strategic objectives
- Lead on reporting and communicating town centre performance
- Commissioning external research projects when required, to meet internal and member needs
- Deploy a range of insight, research and engagement techniques to help us build an understanding of our members and consumers and visitors to town – their values, priorities, wants and needs.
- Lead on our horizon scanning approach, staying up to date with relevant policy developments and trends and ensuring these are communicated internally and externally
- Overall responsibility for our database, ensuring it is up to date, staff training and we are maximising its value for our members
- Manage external suppliers and consultants to ensure we are receiving value for our members and our own organisation
- Reach out and listen to members in new ways using a range of communication channels and techniques
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to support development of marketing and place management projects, programmes and campaigns.
- Experience of communicating the outputs and outcomes from research and insight in ways that are relevant to different audiences
- Increase our impact by listening to members and using insight to shape how we communicate and engage.
- Identify opportunities to work with partners and stakeholders to generate external insight and research that is beneficial to our members
- Oversee the development and implementation of a training and webinar series based on member needs
- Line management of two team members
Resources and Financial Management
- Manage external suppliers and consultants to ensure we are receiving excellent services and value
- Plan, manage and evaluate budget
- Seek out best practise and share ideas for improving or developing our projects and services.
- Represent and present on behalf of the Company as required.
- Deputise for colleagues as appropriate.
We are looking for an individual who is resilient, capable of working at pace and enjoys being involved in a breadth of projects with a variety of responsibilities. The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A strong background in both ad hoc and tracking projects, you will be comfortable working across a wide range of research methodologies
- Able to translate complex information and explain results to senior stakeholders and members
- Ability to make sound judgements in a timely and confident manner
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills, able to engage with colleagues, members and stakeholders at all levels and build trusted relationships to influence action and outcomes
- Experience of managing and developing teams/others
- Proven experience of developing and delivering a programme of strategic engagement to support business objectives
- Ability to prioritise and manage different projects simultaneously, with a proven track record of delivering against agreed timescales
- Ability to use own initiative to develop services and products that demonstrate our value to members
- Experience of managing budgets and evaluating projects and activities
- Experience of commissioning products and services
- Knowledge of CRM databases and platforms
- Competent with the Microsoft Office package. Familiarity with Google suite (Documents, Sheets, Slides etc) is advantageous.
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Demonstrable interest in town and city centres
- Can commute/travel to Kingston town centre
- Experience in moderating groups and running workshops would be beneficial
If you are interested in this role please send a CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org