The government has confirmed today that London, including Kingston, will move to Tier 3 level restrictions at 00.01 Wednesday 16 December. This means:
- All hospitality venues, including pubs, restaurants and cafes will have to close from Wednesday. They can stay open for takeaway and deliveries only
- People can only mix with other households (in groups of up to six) in outdoor spaces like parks, beaches or countryside – not in private gardens
- Sports fans cannot attend events in stadiums
- Indoor entertainment venues – such as theatres, bowling alleys and cinemas must close from Wednesday
- Accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites, and guest houses must close from Wednesday
- Shops, gyms and personal care services (such as hairdressing) can stay open
- People are advised not to travel to and from tier three areas
For further information on what businesses can and cannot do, click here.
Tier 3 Impact Grants
If you have already applied for a Tier 2 Impact Grant and were successful in your application the Council will automatically pay you the Tier 3 Impact Grant. We will confirm the period this applies for once we have further information.
If you haven’t yet, click here to apply for the grants
We will keep you updated on any further support and guidance that is announced by the government. Further information can be found here.