We’re changing our provider of footfall data to provide you with better value insights on consumer profiles and their behaviours. This will help you understand where visitors are coming from and how long and how often they are visiting the town
We know that our footfall data provision is valuable to many of you, and we believe this change will provide you with better insights on consumer profiles and their behaviours. This will help you understand where visitors are coming from, and how long and how often they are visiting the town.
The changeover in data providers will take place in w/c 28th November, so the October monthly footfall report will be sent a week or two later than planned, in early December.
About the data
- We will be reporting Footfall monthly and Dwell Time, Visit Frequency and Catchment quarterly as usual, and we will also have access to a new data point, Inverse Catchment.
- Inverse Catchment allows us to see which other places our visitors are travelling to, allowing further targeted marketing of the consumer brand to attract visitors to the town centre.
- As with our previous data provider, the use of GPS rather than sensors ensures that visitors are not double counted as they walk back and forth past a sensor.
- The data is provided by Huq, who collect first party GPS data (as opposed to 3rd party data), giving them more control over the data source, from many more mobile devices, on a more frequent basis, ensuring more robust data.
- Huq represents better value for money, compared to our previous data providers, as we continually look to provide the best value and service for members.
- The data is reported with a lag of only 2 days (compared to 2 weeks with our previous provider), allowing us to analyse the data straight after an event.
- Huq’s platform is used by 70+ councils, universities and central government departments.
We welcome any comments or questions you may have. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.