Kingston First, the town centre’s Business Improvement District, are seeking some temporary workers over the summer to assist with the set up of public spaces and activities on offer in Kingston.
The role would be most suited to people who fit the following description:
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Friendly and polite (may be required to interact with the public on behalf of Kingston First and represent our organisation)
- Local to Kingston town centre – the role will involve morning and/or evening work each day including weekends (job sharing is possible) so you may be required to travel into Kingston twice in one day for some shifts
- Of reasonable fitness levels; able to lift and move heavy objects
- Available throughout the summer until the first week of September
- Available for morning (7.30am – 9.30am) and/or evening work (5pm – 7pm)
- Available to work weekends
- Applicants with lots of availability will be looked on favourably
The role will involve setting up the Ancient Market Place and Memorial Gardens in Kingston town centre, ready for the public to enjoy in the morning, then packing up and storing things away again in the evening:
- Setting up/packing away around 20 deckchairs in the Ancient Market Place
- Setting up/packing away around 12 deckchairs around a sandpit in Memorial Gardens
- Uncovering/covering a large sandpit, putting out/ packing away toys and giant garden games (Connect4, Jenga, Lawn Chess Set) in Memorial Gardens
- Part of the role would also be keeping an eye on the spaces, litter picking any rubbish, ensuring the spaces are safe for families and reporting issues back to the Kingston First team
Variable hours paying London Living Wage.
If you are interested, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with either a CV or some details about your previous employment experience or suitability for the job. The role will start immediately so best to get in touch as soon as possible. If we contact you, a reference will be required.